Friday, May 9, 2008

Finally, Ireland

I would have never guessed I was here unless it started raining, which it did, last night. The weather has been perfect, warm, and sunny. Today it is overcast and the kind of Ireland I have been expecting. I am leaving on a bus for Cork in about an hour and will get to see the countryside.

There isn't much to do in Dublin but drink, and we did that just fine. Last night we saw a live band at the Temple Bar which was a lot of fun. We did a mandatory tour of the Guinness Factory and saw the book of Kells. If you ever get a chance to see it, know that while impressive, they did not know how to use perspective so the art isn't the best. Trinity College is the real treat here in Dublin and like I said there isn't much to do but drink.

I don't have many pictures, just some videos of the band. The problem is they are too large to upload so imagine if you could an extremely crowded place with everyone singing along in their best voice, or maybe just their loudest.

Well off to cork and some castles and rocks you can kiss.

cheers

No comments: